Are you looking for an opportunity to empower survivors of sexual assault? Do you have a unique talent to share? Do you love events and enjoy working behind the scenes?
Center4SAVA has a number of opportunities to apply your talents and interests to the work of ending sexual violence!
We can never have enough bilingual volunteers! If you speak multiple languages, we would be thrilled to find a place for you at Center4SAVA!
Our Guiding Principals
The Sexual Assault Victim’s Advocacy Center is committed to:
- Serving all survivors and those supportive of them at any time regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, income, ability, religion, or geography.
- Creating a safe, welcoming, and respectful environment for survivors and their families.
- Providing timely access to services and programs.
- Working to end the silence surrounding sexual violence.
- Educating our community to the realities of sexual violence and it's impact on the entire community.
- Fostering strong partnerships with law enforcement, hospital staff, and criminal justice agencies.
What is SAVAC?
- The Sexual Assault Victim's Advocacy Center provides free and confidential support services for anyone who has been affected by sexual violence.
- We are here to help 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- We provide a 24-hour hotline service for victims of sexual assault, as well as other services for victims, survivors, and their families.
- The center is located in Ft.Oglethorpe, Georgia and serves Catoosa, Walker and Dade Counties.
How Do I Sign-Up?
- Complete a Center4SAVA Volunteer Application
- Or, contact Center4SAVA at (706) 861-0929 between 9AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday
- You will be contacted by Center4SAVA staff to confirm your interest in volunteering, and to schedule an interview/orientation meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- If at that time, you are interested in making a commitment to volunteer as a crisis responder, you will be given all the materials you need to begin your 40 hour training.
- When you complete your training, you will begin taking calls, with the assistance of a current Center4SAVA Volunteer.
What Does a Volunteer with SAC Do?
Opportunities for women and men include: